Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in your neck of the woods? Friends..., 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's Happening in your neck of the woods? Friends...

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in your neck of the woods? Friends...
fancyvan wrote:
Finally having some nice weather here so out in the garden today. Cleaning up a few more areas but trying to leave that until my helper comes end of the week. Got the post all up on one of the raised beggie bed ready for new potting soil - I empty out half the soil in each pot in the fall onto the veggie garden and refill with fresh in the spring.Also managed to dig out some Lily of the Valley growing behind a couple of clematis right against the foundation. Easy digging once I pulled out the extension cable I was trying to slice ! Need to get to work soon on the new watering system for the beds along the south and east sides of the house before the plants get to big.

Took foster dog Breaker to his new home yesterdsay so back to normal here and Jazz the cat is coming downstairs again for his early morning head scratches! He wont show up when there is an extra dog in the house.

My back does not appreciate long spells in the garden anymore so I work short spells and come in and sit a bit

Saturday a nice neighbor took me over to Cdn Tire in his truck and I bought two resin wicker,.aluminum frame chairs for the back porch ( replacing a bench I am trying to sell) - I can use them inside or outside - and two metal lattices for a couple more clematis- maybe against the house- I already have two on the south side and room for a couple more!.