Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Recommendations for SBI early bloomer please?, 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Recommendations for SBI early bloomer please?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Recommendations for SBI early bloomer please?
tabasco wrote:
bonjon and IrisMA, thanks so much for all the details and the list of sources. I will spend hours this evening pouring over the sites.

Yes, I think the SBI and the Medians are what I need. They bloom on the early side and I think they will combine with my late white daffodils (acropolis) and lungworts in bloom too.

I worked in our garden today and to my surprise many of my SBI came into bloom overnight and I realized that I do have several different kinds (7 different purples, similar but different!) already (but none pink, and I guess that color is rather rare in the SBIs from my cursory research). So I spent the afternoon dividing and replanting for our new bed around our new fountain and stepping stones. I will still be on the hunt for a few nice pink ones, though.

I love the median iris and have a few of those, too, and a couple are in bloom.

I had forgotten about all the different categories of the bearded iris~~in fact, I think they've made more divisions since I was into irises 2 or 3 years ago!

Thanks again for all your thoughtfulness. t.

this is part of the 'stepping stone' garden where I want to place the new iris: