Wildlife: Squirrel Pics Vol. 14, 1 by starlight1153

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright starlight1153

In reply to: Squirrel Pics Vol. 14

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Squirrel Pics Vol. 14
starlight1153 wrote:
Finally I got a pic of two of my squirrels. Little stinkers. Was out of bird seed and they was out stealing the piece s of bread I had broke up and put out for the birdies.

I also saw something I hadn't seen before yesterday when I opened up my back door. There was one squirrel on the fence running across the top of it getting ready to jump to the tree, but I scared her, so she fro e a minute and looked at me. I was talking back to her and said I see you, then I noticed that she looked in front of her to run, but was afraid. In front of her was this bigger, darker colored squirrel. Even with me talking and moving around, that squirrel did not move. It was like a frozen statue and would not take its eyes of the one in front of it that I had scared. The scare d one tried to move around the mean looking one and almost made it but not quite and the mean one jumped on top of the scared one. The scared one yelped and tried to get away and the mean one stalked it all over the back section of the yard trying to get it out of its area.

Now I have never been afraid of squirrels, but I tell you that mean one ha d me rethinking and staying back and out of the way.