Squirrel Pics Vol. 14

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

The last thread was getting a bit long for our dial up friends so time to start a new one. It is the perfect time since spring is just around the corner!

In case anyone would like to go back, we came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1070489/

This one was just chilling out and enjoying the 70 dgrees we had yesterday!

This message was edited Mar 11, 2010 10:53 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

He's adorable nanny and I'm jealous of your 70 degree weather, it was about 36 here yesterday, windy, ugly!! Right now it's 30 and snowing:-(

Ewww...that sounds awful! This is way warmer then normal for this time of year. The norm is a high of 50 right now. We are supposed to drop back down to the 40's over the weekend!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Squirrel with a large peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Short tail again.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Jay with three Squirrels.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Cutie in the tree.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Running down the fence.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Wow...nice catches there GP!!! Love the 3 with the jay!

Atlanta, GA

Never mind how cute squirrels are! Does anyone know a way to keep them away from my peaches this year? Last year they ate every one (about 14 peaches) from dwarf trees in my city backyard.

I don't fault the squirrels for preferring peaches over acorns (we have more than enough acorns for them to eat), but I want the peaches myself.

All suggestions welcome.

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

I just saw this at Cute Overload and had to share. What a great picture for a caption contest!

http://cuteoverload.com/2010/03/12/astronuts/

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

A Delmarva Fox Squirrel... they are a more silver-colored squirrel by nature, but this was the whitest squirrel I'd ever seen!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

OldMayFly, I would have no idea how to prevent that...but you might try asking here on this forum. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/fruit/all/

If nobody there can help, try the Garden Pest Forum. I understand how they can be very aggravating!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/pad/all/

Melbourne, FL

Cool squirrel, Rose.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Nanny your little squirrel eating out of that pan is cute. Almost like he is a treasured pet .

Gardenpom... I still chuckle everytime I see short tail. can't help it poor thing looks so pathetic. How's he gonna get him a girlfriend if he don't have a big busy tail to flap around in the air at them. : )

Wild Rose... That squirrel looks almost like it is an albino. Neat shot. Such big ears on it too.

That is a very interesting looking critter Rose!

LOL...at the 'treasured pet'! I have even trained it to say a little blessing before it eats...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Now eat it up!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

The chippie was out and about today....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Looking very svelte!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

Were you crazy excited to see the chipmunks? I know I was - another sign of spring! :) Well, and it had been so long since I'd seen their cute little quick selves. always adorable.

Not really....

Melbourne, FL

Another shot of short-tail.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

In the tree.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Another squirrel at the feeder. Love the way they hold the peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Seems like short-tail has been around awhile..or is my memory faulty? You always have cute pics GP!

This one seemed a little deperate!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I love to watch them sit and balance up there whie they eats some buds!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

How cute, eating the buds.....yes, nanny, short-tail has been around for quite a while, and the tail has never grown back out. I wonder if it was born like that, got taken off by a Hawk, or maybe run over by a car wheel.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Cute pics everybody. Well now I know why when I go out I find bits and piece s and little broken branches all over. I didn't realize that it was the squirrels eating the tree buds up. Well, I'll be darned.

I went to turn the water hose on to water yesterday and as I came around corner of trailer about busted my ankle, one of my chippies has mad e an exit hole there. I haven't seen them lately, I hoping the feral cats haven't gotten to them.

I feel bad walking around the yard, I have to get stuff done and I keep stepping and crushing their tunnels. It not being done intentionally. After I accidently step on one, I hoping that if a chippy in there that they cna get back out.

I bet those are mole tunnels you are stepping on Starlight. The chippes go a little ways down.

Melbourne, FL

Squirrel from yesterday.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Finally I got a pic of two of my squirrels. Little stinkers. Was out of bird seed and they was out stealing the piece s of bread I had broke up and put out for the birdies.

I also saw something I hadn't seen before yesterday when I opened up my back door. There was one squirrel on the fence running across the top of it getting ready to jump to the tree, but I scared her, so she fro e a minute and looked at me. I was talking back to her and said I see you, then I noticed that she looked in front of her to run, but was afraid. In front of her was this bigger, darker colored squirrel. Even with me talking and moving around, that squirrel did not move. It was like a frozen statue and would not take its eyes of the one in front of it that I had scared. The scare d one tried to move around the mean looking one and almost made it but not quite and the mean one jumped on top of the scared one. The scared one yelped and tried to get away and the mean one stalked it all over the back section of the yard trying to get it out of its area.

Now I have never been afraid of squirrels, but I tell you that mean one ha d me rethinking and staying back and out of the way.

Thumbnail by starlight1153

Nice pic starlight!! Some do seem to be more aggressive than others. I do have fights and bullying here occasionally.

Melbourne, FL

Three pics from today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Hanging down.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Third pic.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Adorable GP and everyone else!
Love that little white one too!!

Here's one of mine.

Thumbnail by ducbucln

Caught this one as it crossed over from our one tree to the other...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This looks like trouble...LOL

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.