Weather: January Weather - Winter Wonderlands of All Kinds, 1 by Early_Bloomer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Early_Bloomer

In reply to: January Weather - Winter Wonderlands of All Kinds

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January Weather - Winter Wonderlands of All Kinds
Early_Bloomer wrote:
9° F and Partly Cloudy this evening. We added around 4" of snow earlier this week--the first new snow since we had all that snow dumped on us in early January. It's been cold though, with lows in the single digits every night.
The big storm that's blowing across the middle of the country passed to the south of us.

Chrissy.......I enjoyed the picture show.

Ric........I read the DG update thread. It will be interesting to see what happens here now.

Don........The pond is looking good. Looks like the round rocks have some nice color and patterns. I brought a bunch of really nice ones home one time from the north shore of lake Superior after vacationing there.

marsue..........We have a lot of stupid drivers around here too. With all of the snow we get here you would think they would know better. They interviewed a cop in the local paper. He was sitting at an intersection and saw a SUV coming at a high rate of speed and knew it would never get stopped. He pulled out of the way just in time or the SUV would have t-boned him. When he pulled it over the women who was driving said, "I just don't understand it. I was in four wheel drive!"

Joey.........Sorry to hear about the fish incident.

If any of the southerners on the weather forum have the inclination to move north into a bit more challenging environment I found a local house for sale. Check out the photos. Your own personal greenhouse and plenty of space for gardening!

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10030/1030355-455.stm?cmpid=ne...

Photo: Winter sunrise along French creek. (Photoshopped version)

early_bloomer