Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles - Just Hanging Out Until Spring, 1 by lincolnitess

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lincolnitess

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles - Just Hanging Out Until Spring

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles - Just Hanging Out Until Spring
lincolnitess wrote:
Cheryl, glad to hear you're giving a needy cat a new home. I have not doubt she and Widget will make friends in time. As for the Cat Purr CD, some one already has one out. http://chetday.com/catspurrcd.php I got it a few years ago, but did not find it very good for sleeping. Maybe because I already get purred to sleep every night by my Samson. He's a great purrer. Alway used to sleep with his head and paws resting on my head, but a few years ago when I had a ruptured disc in my neck, he started sleeping on my neck. I think he knew something was seriously wrong even before I did. I read where this is something healing about a cat's purr, all I know is that it is very comforting. Thankfully, after I ended up having a cervical spinal fusion, Samson started laying pressed against my neck instead of draped over it. I think your vet bill sounds high, but I go to a very reasonable vet. When I take all 3 of my cats and my dog for their yearly exam and shots, plus heartworm tablets, it only comes to around $100. The good thing as someone said is that it will be a one time big cost thing. I do wonder if you will find it a problem getting outside to feed the racoons this summer without Kitty trying to get out too. My little Pedro usually sleep in the same bed as Samson, but this day there just didn't seem to be enough room for him.

Susan