Photo by Melody

Weather: Any other volunteer observers for NWS and CoCoRaHS?, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: Any other volunteer observers for NWS and CoCoRaHS?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any other volunteer observers for NWS and CoCoRaHS?
marsue wrote:
Hi, all! I haven't done any "official" weather watching for any organizations--just unofficially for my own benefit--LOL. I don't have a rain guage but I do have a big thermometer on my back porch where the sun can't hit it and I keep an unofficial eye on the temperature. I need to check out that link which you posted
sunfarm, and see what I need to do to join.
As Vickie (cando1) has said, we have had some unusually (for us) cold temps here in Arkansas the first 2 weeks in January. Vickie lives probably an hour and a half to the west and slightly north of where I am. Plus she lives on a mountain so she normally has cooler temps and more snow than we do here in Cabot. However, the last few days have been warmer--even up into the 60's. I took advantage of the good weather on Friday to spend a couple of hours in the flower bed. It rained on Saturday but yesterday was another nice day. I got out and took a few photos of some of the things that are pushing up through the
leaves. I was very surprised to find anything at all but it did give me hope that spring will be here soon! (hopefully) This is a photo of some sedum which I discovered beneath the leaves.