Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 54

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 54
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all.
Another lovely morning here as yesterday was. It will get very hot as the day goes on. It was very uncomfrotable heat yesterday and expected even hotter today and tomorrow. I hope you are all doing okay in the heat and keeping cool inside . I did spend some time down in the shadehouse potting up a few small plants that needed to be done .
It was so hot that the flies were non existent around the garden, all being out in the old shed at the side. I have never seen so many flies in one place. I know there were no dead bodies there so they must have been looking for cool. There were a lot hanging around one of the taps too as I have a drip bowl under it. Our bird friends all found some shelter where they could. A couple of the magpies like to get in the shed under the car .
I was looking at the extreme contrast on the news this morning. How would you like to be shivering in the US or England with all that snow ?? Not for me , thank you. It might look pretty but to live in it would be pretty awful.
Sue, I managed to grab a couple of your yummy muffins, thank you.
Elaine, you are the lucky one with your bargain shopping. Don't get carried away and do too much tidying on your own.
Dianne, we missed having the hot wind thank goodness but it will eventually get here.
Chrissy, I am surprised at how well the angels handled the heat. It seems the hot wind is the worst for them as the flowers stayed quite good yesterday.
Steve, there is nothing as tasty as a nice flathead done over the coals with lots of lemon juice and eaten with fresh bread.
I'm off out to say good morning to the plants and give them a feed.
Hello to everyone not here this morning.
Have a safe and happy day, try and keep out of the heat.
Here's an indulgence for a hot day. Cream filled Strawberries .
Jean.