Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Captivating Cordylines in Australia, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Captivating Cordylines in Australia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Captivating Cordylines in Australia
weed_woman wrote:
Too right Chrissy. i find them really easy to strike at almost any time of the year. My only problem is i dont see too many of the newer varieties around to get cuttings from.My soil is terrible and is built up with fallen leaves, sugar cane mulch and the odd dose of manure pellets. The cordys only look bad when the leaves get tatty from wind, falling gum branches and snails. I should probably try some in a nicer spot!
Anne, your planting in front of the house looks gorgeous. I guess I should go to your site for some cuttings?
This is the one I picked up from the markets, that the man said should be grown in shade. It suffered really badly from aphids last summer, but seesm to have recovered now. It looks as though it could be a fussy one, and in need of ideal conditions? maybe I'll put it in the brom house for daily attention.
Does anyone have an ID?
Tropicalsydney, your garden looks lovely too, and i am probably more interested in your broms now! he he
Sue