Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Captivating Cordylines in Australia, 1 by tropicalsydney

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tropicalsydney

In reply to: Captivating Cordylines in Australia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Captivating Cordylines in Australia
tropicalsydney wrote:
Ann you are teasing me with these cordys that I don't have. LOL Do you have the CD Cordylines A - Z 2008, very helpful if you know the names and want to put them together with the cordy. The picture might not fully show the cordy colouring up your way but the description will help. I checked out both Waihee Rainbow and Warpaint. Maybe I should follow my advice and check out the ones missing their names with the list I know I should have against the CD, when they come into their winter colour.
Carolyn, your Tropic Flame has grown so much since July, mine has only recently gone into the ground but it is showing some brilliant colour down here already. All my new ones from Nambour are surrounding the new brugmansias. Think I am going to have to form a well around the brugs so that I can water them in winter without giving the cordys wet feet in winter.
Chrissy I was worried about you growing the cordys under your brugs, then I realised that I had done the same thing. Just have to be careful with the water as cordys and other tropical treasures really don't like wet feet in winter especially out our way and in the clay soil. Learnt that the hard way. Yet, my only brug back then didn't seem to mind no water last winter.
When I wrestle my laptop back from my younger teenage grandson I will post some more photos as they are all stored on the laptop. I will see what I have of the cordys in the garden.