Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Captivating Cordylines in Australia, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Captivating Cordylines in Australia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Captivating Cordylines in Australia
weed_woman wrote:
Hello Anne, haven't heard from you in ages!
Hello Tropicalsydney, nice to hear a new voice? Or read a new face? Hell, nice to meet you!
Chrissy, the little cordy darlings are doing well. Re the snail damage, I get it on the tropical cannas also, and like TS, I use the iron chellate pellets and try to get them in the top of the plants.
Its too dark for pics, but I have a nice cordy that apparently need a bit of protection, and as I haven't got the canopy quite ready yet, it will live in the fernery for at least another year, then I'll plant it out with Chrissys darlings.
I have 'Kiwi' and it is easy and quick to grow, and of course I have rubra everywhere, as i am quite partial to that colour throughout the garden.
The crotons are also a favourite, and I have found them a little bit finicky to strike, with no rhyme or reason for success or failure, but I have been planting them out and find they do well if fertilised more often than the other garden plants.
Anyway, I'll leave you with a pic of the fruticosa rubras, they go well in marning to midday sun, and look greta with the succulents! Surprisingly
Sue