Caudiciforms: How to make your desert rose produce seed, 1 by WQP

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WQP

In reply to: How to make your desert rose produce seed

Forum: Caudiciforms

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How to make your desert rose produce seed
WQP wrote:
Hi Jim, you can keep them in small pot until it starts to deform the pot if pot is plastic, if pot is made of clay you have to check the bottom hole from time to time to keep roots from coming out the hole, if you leave DR in clay pot to long you might have to break the pot to get them out.

Jim make sure you don't place the Passion flowers near a tree or any other bush for that matter, the can grow pretty big and they can cover a tree in a couple of months if it reaches any of the trees branches and eventually kill it. give it plenty of water or leaves will fall of

Doris as soon as you notice a slit on the seed pod it ready to pick, seed pod usually turn a little dull and changes color a little. BTW what does the *S* stands for, fill a little dumb asking but I can't figure it out, I'm not to good at letter for written words, only know a few.

Wilfred

BTW, sorry to say I lost one of my favorite DR, My landlord had some delivery guys delivering some construction ( 1" x 4' x 8' ) panel and I don't know how the heck he let one of the panels fall on it and completely destroyed it. You could imagine how I felt when I found out, landlord felt so bad about it he wanted to pay for it but he has been so kind to me that I couldn't accept, I just try and see if I can graft any of the stems that didn't get crushed by the panel. this is the plant before the accident.