Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Fall RU 09-Plant swap, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
shortleaf wrote:
Haha! Your Mom's favorite person, I'm not even my own Mom's favorite, so join the club! lol
And I'm her firstborn even! I'd say I easily rank last oddly enuff..lol
The Kansas City school district was good at one time huh? When I was there in late 70s, not so much. I don't have any good memories from those schools. When I look back on it though, some of it was kinda funny I guess, like getting the back of my neck slapped, then they were calling me a redneck, or having my lunchmoney taken by guys that looked like they flunked about 6 grades. And it was supposed to be desegregation, I think they found out it don't work that way! lol
I like Englewood theatre too. The last movie I saw there was Lemony Snickets with Jim Carrey. Ewww.. The Birds.. spooky!
I went seed collecting this afternoon and I got several - Thornless Honeylocust (which they say isn't likely thornless from seed, but I've grown a few from these seeds and not a thorn on them). Its funny, when I pulled up to the Chinkapin Oak tree in Fleming Park (Lake Jacomo) 2 deer and a big turkey were browsing underneath the very tree where I wanted seeds, so I whipped my camera out! - (photo below) I'm curious now, are Chinkapin acorns really sweet or something, maybe the wildlife know! I may have to taste one to see! lol
And Baldcypress seeds aplenty! There was some dogwood trees with seeds right next to the Redbud tree, so I got some Dogwood seeds. The one time I tried these Dogwood seeds one year they didn't come up, but I'm gonna try it again I think. Surely they won't deny me a second time!
Anybody else is welcome to some to try. I'm gonna update my new stash of seeds in the google spreadsheet in a while. In all, what I got today is: Chinkapin Oak acorns, Thornless Honeylocust seeds, Redbud seeds, Dogwood seeds, Pin Oak acorns, Bur Oak acorns, Kentucky Coffetree and White Oak acorns. I have yet to get some, like - Black Eyed Susan, Sycamore, Wisteria, Persimmon, Hedgeapple and White Ash. The photos of seeds and more is here. - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v243/w4i0a/PlantsforRoundU...
Yes, the more the merrier!
Will