Caudiciforms: How to make your desert rose produce seed, 1 by WQP

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WQP

In reply to: How to make your desert rose produce seed

Forum: Caudiciforms

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How to make your desert rose produce seed
WQP wrote:
Hi Melissa, rain did a good one on you, but don't worry, take out your new seedling carefully and re-pot them individually, Now referring to the ones in the yellow ring, one is a albino and the other throw it away it has fungi do to the excess water from rain at its early stage, it won't recover. the albino can not take so much direct sunlight, it'll die pretty fast if it does and just to let you know chances are it will die any way if it does not develop some green parts to produce its chlorophyll to live, just give it a weak solution of fertilizer to see what happens in the next few day, if your lucky it'll turn to a variegated one.

Hi Jim, If in the next week no more spout out then they wont, probably rotted before they had a chase to, you should remove the seedling you have already and re-pot them individually in small pots and while your at it check the other seeds, they maybe having a little trouble pushing they're way up, just uncover them and leave them there for a week, after that if nothing germinates just disregard them, their dead.

Yes I'm 48 to be exact, just got there this past July, you know sometime I feel centuries old, maybe since I've been working since the age of 8 to help my mother and my brothers and sisters back when I was a child, father abandoned us but that's in the past, and this is another time now.
Now the question is, what good is knowledge if you don't pass it on to others or use it to help others obtain it or even yet not use it for good things?
Its not how much you know but how you use what little you know that matters.

Wilfred

BTW, this is a photo of a plant I recently pollinated, can you see how many seed pod it has developing on it, it has more on the bottm part (base) of the plant.