Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Fall RU 09-Plant swap, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, a plant enthusiast does sound better! lol
AuntB, I am pretty sure the Missouri state champion Pawpaw can be seen from the street. Theres a b&b or something
next to it also and I just drove up in its parking lot and looked at it then. If its still the champion, it should have a plaque on it by now.
When I was there 2 or 3 years ago the house whose yard it is in was vacant.
Yes AuntB, sign me up, put me down for 2 please. I love new plants! I talk like I don't have a place for stuff but I always
find a place for most plants. Even if bulbs have to overwinter in a plastic bag, like my Elephant Ears did last year! lol
Good luck with the Dwarf Pomegranate AuntB, I bet it makes you a fine specimen as a big houseplant. That does sound nice in a big nice pot, it might even get fruit. Speaking of Pomegranate, I've used the word Pome in the game Scrabble and got challenged and they lost a turn! lmbo
I did a google search and got this site - http://www.alchemy-works.com/punica_granatum_nana.html sorry about all the story telling there.. : )

Sure EvaMae, I have bunches of Setcreasea aka Wandering Jew.
I like that multi color look too, I want to put together some pots of all different plants for that look.
This photo in the post is the mother Setcreasea plant and a cutting from it, all the cuttings
from it take right off and even bloom most days, like they were today.
I'll insert a photo I took today of some, they are doing very well, the mother
plant is just huge. I also got some other pics of Pepper's 2 Weeping Willows out there, which are coming along nicely,
and also AuntB's Mimosas which are doing great too. I don't think that Aloe Vera cutting is taking, its looking pretty pale and crispy! lol
Anybody want any Aloe Vera? Sycamore seedlings anyone? Philodendron rootlings? Mimosa seedlings? Pin Oak seedlings? Anybody want a big Philodendron plant, the mother plant? A big Swamp Fern? (Not sure if thats the name of it).
I'll have to link to those photos because only 1 photo can be inserted in a post. -
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v243/w4i0a/PlantsforRoundU...
Will