Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Fall RU 09-Plant swap, 1 by AuntB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AuntB

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
AuntB wrote:
Leaflady, do you have a pic of your pawpaw tree? Is it there on your property?? If you find any seed heads on that pretty fuschia? ROS, I'd like to try some.. or a lil baby one next spring? Oh, I'm just getting started on ROS.. I did get a new Blue Chiffon one planted, well my garden bud did.. bless him, he planted all but a couple new perennials I needed to get "buried".. helps to have someone to bounce ideas off of, but when they dig the holes too!?!.. I'm thankful to have an interested helper close by. We planted fresh petunias (white) in the half barrels on our Main Street last night.. it was fun and we tidied them all and they look a lot better. I'm going to bring some six-packs with a coleus mixture.. here are some that I am/have started working on. I'm keeping the plant and 1 fresh cutting over winter.. some of them offer many cuttings, others... not so many.. I was playing with them and my camera when the rain let up for a while today. The orange "bloom" in the top left isn't coleus.. my aunt called it hardy poinsetta.. it reseeded from last year, and I used the last of the seeds my aunt gave me to add to the grouping. I hope to get some seed off them.. and the 2 leaves under it are some kind of perilla...new for me this year.. Deb brought me a hardy perilla and it is doing great down where the cedar trees are. (I need to research the one I bought, maybe it is hardy, too)... Deb's is deep maroon-ish purple, looks real pretty - sure hope it comes back next year. I also have some Lion's Tail down there and it's new for me this year, too (long winter.. started lots of seeds, lol)