Central Midwest Gardening: Fall RU 09-Plant swap, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, I do need to get to Powell Gardens again, Pepper. I don't know where the Pawpaws are at, if you're there maybe you can be like a tour guide! I love that place, such a variety of plants and the seeds would be endless.

I looked thru my photos and found my uncle's Pawpaw plaque. - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v243/w4i0a/?action=view&cu...

Sounds like a great idea happ! I can't really think of a whole lot. I'd just like to improve my roommate's house a little inside and out. Myself, I should become a minimalist. At the height of my plant insanity I must've had around 1,000 plants.
Then events changed and I quickly didn't have a place for even a fraction of it! lol
I have a bunch of the regular Wandering Jew EvaMae, I like it, but I know theres nothing overly neat about it.
I like the Setcreasea because of its purpleness and its 10 degree hardiness now (because I shouldn't have to bring it in theoretically until Nov.!). Oh, and its ease and quickness of growing by cutting!

Philodendron starts anybody?

Gobs of room eh Pepper? I could bring many different tree seedlings and tree seeds to the RU. That place could be a forest in 20 years..lol I'm gonna try to bring an assortment of seeds (mostly tree seeds) to the RU.
I have some Forsythia starts that appear to be gonna root, they are taking their time rooting. I've always liked Forsythia, its like a great reminder when it blooms that Spring is here!
Heres a photo of entirely too many plants! What a mess, I was an addict! That pic only shows about half of it or less! lol
Just think about having all that when your landlord passes away and its time to go! -
Will