Photo by Melody

Coleus: Time to call it quits - need coleus cuttings?, 1 by DaleTheGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DaleTheGardener

Subject: Time to call it quits - need coleus cuttings?

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Time to call it quits - need coleus cuttings?
DaleTheGardener wrote:
Time to close this offer. I have 18 boxes to send out.

I have decided to close up the greenhouse. It is expensive, time consuming - simply a waste of time.

I have enjoyed every minute I spent out there. I just need to find myself a different hobby, closer to home.

The place I am living is in foreclosure. The landlord disappeared last year & I haven't paid rent in months. Living for free has been nice, but, this is not the place to try and keep a collection going. My collection is too big and too hard to move. I can't burden my friends and family with my collection, they have their own chores.

So.....

If you ask me nicely and promise to return my postage I will send you a box full of cuttings.

I have been having problems with mealy bugs, a problem I haven't been able to solve completely. I spray every week, but, they keep flying in and re infesting the coleus. Coleus are fast growers at this time of year and the bugs seem to know which parts of the plants are new and untreated. I will do the best I can to send them bug free, but, there is no guarantee.

I would have posted this on the Plants Forum, but, I only want to deal with the coleus crazies.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 3:17 PM