Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
shortleaf wrote:
Hi all,
I took some photos today (the date feature turned itself off I think). Here is a Weeping Willow tree that I grew from a cutting and planted about 5 years ago (thats it as a cutting in the Purex jug). I believe I got that cutting of Weeping Willow in Sept 03' from a stately Weeping Willow at a local park that contains Lake Jacomo. It was on the bank of Lake Jacomo, the Lake Jacomo tree has since been removed. - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v243/w4i0a/PlantsforRoundU...
Sorry about the larger file sizes (longer downloads) of these photos, that part got changed as well as the date, I've fixed all that stuff, but unfortunately too late for these photos. My photos are usually about 6 times smaller in file size.
I have plenty of that Purple Heart, aka Wandering Jew, aka Setcreasea, the cuttings are blooming most days. I always thought they'd make a good houseplant with several cuttings started around the edges of a big, nice planter with a taller houseplant in the center of it. Pepper, if they'd like some I can bring plenty. I'll have several other houseplants too. I'm still waiting for the Forsythia and Philodendron to take root and leaf out. The Mimosa and Sycamore seedlings are growing good. The Mimosas should make you a fine specimen, AuntB, sure you don't want several? I can bring alot of them. I've seen some plant that looks kinda similar to Purple Heart but I forgot what its called (it has a silky looking leaf). I used to have one that I got from cat64129 but it died.
I'm still waiting for a Pin Oak seedling and a Walnut seedling to leaf back out. I'm pretty confidant about getting as many Pin Oak seedlings but the Walnut seedling isn't looking too good. I am also waiting on those Weeping Willow cutting starts to leaf out, (though I'm pretty confidant they will in a week or so). I've grown many Weeping Willow cuttings before. Get as much of any of these as you want anybody, I'm bringing it all to the Round Up. I'll have more to bring by then.
I'd gladly have a lily, even a ditch lily. Lilies seem like a fairly good shade plant. Seems like I've seen them around the trunks of trees quite a bit. Maybe I could add some to the Elephant Ears, Hostas and Ferns.
See you all at the RU!
Will

This message was edited Jul 28, 2009 7:46 PM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 8:26 PM