Rocky Mountain Gardening: Kyla's Garden Pictures, 1 by Kylaluaz

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kylaluaz

In reply to: Kyla's Garden Pictures

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Kyla's Garden Pictures
Kylaluaz wrote:
The thing about that mountain is, no matter what I do it is beautiful here, so I feel I cannot fail, which is quite empowering.

Well, that is not strictly true because in the back (where the actual in-the-ground garden is) you would not believe how ugly it was last fall. Those junk piles you see are the nicest looking ones; I sorted a bunch of stuff on the other side beyond that photo frame, to move things like plastic and real ugly eyesores out of view.....

The ground was bare rocky full of nothing but goathead burs and foxtail barley, EW!!!!!! It all looks rather lush in comparison right now in part because we have had such a wet June for which I am thankful every day.

This morning I sure wish I had had the camera on my neck when out there watering as there was a small bird sitting on one of those large sunflowers on the top bud (the bud was about three times as big as the bird) -- I think it was a wild canary but not sure. Almost as small as a hummer but didn't have the long beak of course.

wowie I am blessed.

Here is a volunteer I just got identified as a Silene armeria