Caudiciforms: How to make your desert rose produce seed, 1 by WQP

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WQP

In reply to: How to make your desert rose produce seed

Forum: Caudiciforms

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How to make your desert rose produce seed
WQP wrote:
Thanks kimarj, Darlacooper and Dimcgrw, glade to share from my 25 years experience with Adeniums ( Desert Rose ), nice to share what one has learned thru the years.

budgielover, nice to see different methods of planting adenium seeds, but i would prefer to use the trays to grow them on, I've also noticed that some parts of the tray are to dry on top, they should be humid when starting to germinate or their tiny first root will dry out without you noticing it, and the seeding will fell to germinate that's may cause you to get a 50% germination, remember when they start to sprout is wen their most fragile to dry out since they don't have enough roots and are to small to hold water it them. that's why I use a flower basket, it retain moisture for a longer time period and won't let my seedling dry out. I also put mien in 1/2 day sun at least to promote the heat they need to germinate. Well this is my opinion not saying your is not as good as mien, circumstances change from place to place, what works for me mite not work for you, by the way, when you do your experiment, how would you know which part of the seeds is the top or the bottom, unless they are marked them when pick and sold to you. well anyway let me know how your experiments go.

Wilfred