Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles - Make Room For Baby, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles - Make Room For Baby

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles - Make Room For Baby
DreamOfSpring wrote:
I took a lot of pics tonight - to 'prove' they were out there. I had to move fast to grab this impromptu pic of Heidi right after she got that melon, so fast that I didn't have time to wipe away the 'humidity'. Nice teeth, huh? Man oh man, Heidi loves watermelon. She and I are a good match. And that was an excellent, crisp, sweet, cold melon, too; but I think you can see that from her face.

Heidi really "wigs out" when eating watermelon, esp good watermelon. I mean, to look at her it's like she looses her mind and goes into some kind of trance. I wish you could watch. Maybe one day soon I'll get the chance to take a watermelon out to her before dark so I can record her.

I swear when she eats watermelon, it's as though she becomes a little girl again (or kit). I've been trying to think of a way to portray this for you. I think the best analogy I can make is that of a small child, a toddler, eating something he or she really loves, perhaps something the child is tasting for the 1st time. A child that age hasn't yet been spoiled by the inhibitions of society. When they eat cake they get it all around their face. Their entire being gets involved in the sheer pleasure of the cake or candy or whatever and they tend to shovel it into their mouths by the fistful - surely you know the image of a toddler with a fistful of chocolate cake, cake all over their face, their mouth full of cake, the child completely absorbed in the moment of eating the cake. Well, that is Heidi eating watermelon.

There is this sheer joy on her face that also permeates her entire body and she is so engrossed in the moment that, as long as no one tries to take her melon, she is in her own place, somewhere the rest of us can't go. And with every few bites, she looks up at me with a face that I swear seems to say, "OMG! This is the best thing I have ever tasted. Thank you!"

Edited to add additional content

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 2:59 AM