Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads: for novices and serious addicts #3, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads: for novices and serious addicts #3

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads: for novices and serious addicts #3
weed_woman wrote:
Happy birthday Leisa, how come I didn't see it listed? I hope it was all you hoped for? I hope you find something nice at the BSQ meeting.
The leg is a little better, no redness, just a very bruised feeling and sharp pain if the muscle is tensed. I will keep an eye on it though, but I did check the spike after I walked into it, and it was still intact, so no bit broken off (me thinks) Thanks for your concern though. Hubby has no sympathy at all.
Pam, post a pic of your 'Red Chestnut' any way, surely they can't look too different. Here is mine. As you can see, its much lighter than my friends, but then again, it was sold as the "lighter form". Who's garden did you take the pics in? I can't wait to have broms as big as that!
Mike, intergeneric means in the one genus? I was thinking bigeneric. Did you not say it wasn't an Aechmea? I'm a bit confused. Could be A. 'Jesus christ superstar'? Or A. 'Flamingo' or another of the A. chantinii x ramosa seedlings?
Heres my new babies all potteds and resting
Top left, A 'Rodco x Rodco' seedling, A 'Rodco', A 'Alvarez'

Below left A 'Mend' and A lueddemanniana. (species)