Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 40, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 40

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 40
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all. I am freezing this morning. It does take a while for the lounge to warm up enough for me to feel warm. Snow is forecast for low altitudes over the next day or two. A few years ago, we had a sudden cold snap and you could see snow flakes falling but they melted before landing. I don't think they would melt at the moment.
Our CFA meeting was last night and believe me it was no fun going out of a warm house to a cold hall. There are 2 small electric radiators but they can't do much. I took my own small air heater down and had it on my feet all night.
made me very cosy. After the meeting , it wasn't as bad outside as the freezing wind had gone. Shopping tomorrow and it sounds like the weather will be terrible.
Hello Helen, sounds like your had the weather we are getting tomorrow. You could have pushed it out to sea from your place.
Steve, that's a pretty daisy. I 'borrowed' a few pieces from one the same over in Mt Gambier. They are growing very well now and are flowering.
Hello Sue. I think the footballs would make good compost especially with all the extra. b******* that comes with them Ha ha.
Brian, it seems your port has taken off with a few people, we'd better have a supply for winter. I think I will plant those Cootamundra wattles I have as they don't seem to be a triffid in our area. The 'Black' wattle is a pest here though. A lovely ferny leaf but it selfseeds everywhere.
Hello Marleneann. Thats a very pretty Hoya. I have a few plants of the common one and they just wander around . They do flower well and have a lovely scent.
Hello Chrissy, I am not doing anything with my Angels in the cold. As it has been cold here for so long , they should be used to it by now and I am interested to see how they do. With no frost actually in the yard, it is only the low temps that will affect them. At least. I will be able to say which ones seem to handle cold better which should help other gardners in similar areas wanting to grow some.
Hello Cody. I hope you are warmer than we are at the moment, although your winters would be much colder than we experience.
Hello Colleen, hope you are warmer than I am.
Shelly, you are mean, waving those lovely temperatures if front of us. You may find an influx of southerners moving into your backyard. Ha ha.
Better go and warm my fingers before they fall off. A nice cuppa should do the job .
I will leave you something nice so sit on the patio and enjoy. One thing about virtual worlds, the weather is always perfect.
Enjoy your day. and some Hot Scones.
Jean.