Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Specialty Gardening: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 4, 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 4

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED - pART 4
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Between yesterdays rain and today. we got somewhere between 3.5 to 4 inches. I hope it clears up. The hub told me that we have a Baltimore oriele nest out in the prairie and I want to take a looksee!

Finally got my new Blue hydrangea planted in the garden. I did take a few more cuttings to root off of it and have a few started too that I bumped up to bigger containers.

Bumped up some tomatoes to hanging baskets. I think I did about 15 of them with three in the basket. I am hoping these are cherry tomoatoes. They were volunteers in the gardent where the cherry mater was last season.

I dug up 4 baby snowball bushes, 3 honeysuckle vines, one sweet autumn and potted them.

We planted 15 green hostas that were in pots to a new garden bed, transplanted about 32 more hostas from another bed. Dug two evergreens and moved them to the new bed.

Planted one snowballbush to another bed. Put in some variagated hosta in that bed.

Moved some daylilies to the sitting garden and moved some containered hostas to the wood box there.

I made some coleus cuttings and also did a flat of mum cuttings.

We planted 13 aussie willows and watered them and the plants we potted.

I weeded the tomato patch and pulled weeds from the container plants.

I'd say we had a full day. And yep, there is a nest back there where the hub said. We are not fully sure if it is a baltimore oriele or possible some other bird that will weave a similiar nest. We did not see the parents yet.

We did see some 60 plus finches going at the seed that the birch tree has dropped and as the day went on, the number of birds there keeped getting larger! What a sight to see so many yellow birds and their mates and also some red finches!

Here is that creeping Jenny I started.. its a tad dirty yet. I think I am gonna set this and the baby sun rose out in the rain.