Irises: The first iris bloom is six days early , 1 by Mainer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Mainer

In reply to: The first iris bloom is six days early

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The first iris bloom is six days early
Mainer wrote:
You mean my not Debbie Rairdon and not China Dragon which do need to come off Dave's Garden entries now I think of it. Need to know what to do to remove an entry from plant files if determined wrong flower.

Well my not Debbie Rairdon might be Truly Yours. One is ten years older than the other and so one is less frilly. Mine is more frilly so it is younger than Debbie Rairdon was a reason given. Both are green based fans. No purple shows up in the fans for either one. I am growing a Truly Yours from Superstition to compare before we go and put the pic on HIPS photo ID. If there are differences than I can not say it is Truly Yours but that for now is the guess of the ID Chairperson.

Not China Dragon was not quite what he saw, again mine seem more frilly, has a whitish area and mine was not the only one rejected. Seems to be at least two versions being sold as china Dragon and the other photo rejected was in Washington state, not just in Maine. Perhaps Argyle Acres had the real thing but they are not offering it this year.

Iris City seems to have the real Debbie Rairdon. Will have to check them out later.

For today's blooming I had fun looking at the maiden bloom of Color Carnival TB