Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: EXTREMELY interesting article about "organics" vs. chems, 1 by BlissfulGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BlissfulGarden

Subject: EXTREMELY interesting article about "organics" vs. chems

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of EXTREMELY interesting article about "organics" vs. chems
BlissfulGarden wrote:
Rosemania.com has uploaded an extremely interesting article by Dr. Jeff Gillman discussing the Environmental Impact Quotient of many of the most popular organic and inorganic remedies to our problems in the garden. He has researched and assigned a number to represent the environmental impact of each of these and published them in table form. The article takes a while to load into your browser, so be patient... it's well worth the read. The results may surprise you! I was happy to see that the overwhelming majority of the chem products we use in our own garden are considered environmentally friendly. I was also shocked to see the horrible EIQ that was earned by Bayer's 3-in-1 that so many of our friends in gardening currently use. It impacts the environment about 3 times more than some of the chems that I have been criticized (in other forums) for using...!!! Who knew?! Well, obviously, Dr. Gillman... and now we can know too!

http://www.rosemania.com/roseiq.pdf

(The pic is Josephine, because I wanted something pretty on my thread!)