Northeast Gardening: What have you ordered for 2009 - Part7, 1 by Meredith79

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Meredith79

In reply to: What have you ordered for 2009 - Part7

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What have you ordered for 2009 - Part7
Meredith79 wrote:
All your dafs are beautiful Patti! Your Pink in that last photo look just like ones I planted in fall labeled Passionale. However I also planted some I bought at a local place that were sold as Passionale and they look completely different. It could have something to do with the hot weather we had shortly after they opened. They were whitish petals with pale yellow cups and are now white as snow. Still pretty but not what I imagined. The pinker ones that look like yours, have some shade from the hot sun so that could be part of it too. I planted Billy Graham in fall and the dafs I have blooming there don't look right! Again it could just be from that 94 degree day which is oddly when they decided they'd open. Now that the temperatures are cooler maybe they will change to the right colors. The other one I planted was called Fidelity. Here's one- I think this might be what was supposed to be Fidelity, now that it is cooler and cloudy it seems to be changing towards the colors I had wanted them to be.