Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?, 1 by MacFL

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MacFL

In reply to: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?
MacFL wrote:
Did check for Spider Mites, and I did not see any signs of them, but I went ahead and sprayed the entire plant with Neem Oil. I dug it up, sprayed it off with my garden hose, sprayed it with Neem and have re-potted it into a fresh pot of straight Hyponex potting soil. No cow manure this time. It looks like it may survive, at this point. I also took a section of the root ball and plant and have re-potted it in a 60/40 mixture of potting soil and indigenous sandy FL soil respectively.

I watered both plants with rain water I caught off the roof the other day during our heavy rain. I have about 10 - 2 liter bottles of it left and that is all I intend to water this plant with.

I have watered the plant with my well water, but I have and use a direct connection off the well upstream from any water softening salts or equipment. So I just don't know how it developed a salt build up, but now, I will not risk it. I will simply use rain water and maybe distilled water should I run out of rain water. Wish me luck!

I am not a TOTAL brown thumb however. The two President Hibiscus trees I planted last week appear to love their new digs! Here's a shot of one of their numerous flowers.

Thanks again, everyone! I am learning, and I thank you.

:)

Mac