Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 35

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 35
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
I see Helen has been in for a visit again, there are no cakes left. Helen did you eat all those chocolate eggs ? I see you washed them down with some wine too.
How are you going with your bamboo chopping ? Got it out of the pot yet ?
I have some small bamboo plants I have grown from seed . They are not the invasive sort though. It was an experiment to see if they will grow here as I wanted some screening plants for a very poor area of the paddock.
Sammut, I love your dancer. I do hope you are taking it easy now. You have such a pretty garden to relax in.
Welcome Rosebud. It's always nice to see a new face visiting. You will have to be quick though if you want any cakes or the odd glass of wine. Some of our ladies ( and men) are pretty fast at getting in for a share. Just watch out when you are walking around out the back of the Tea Room as I think Kat's python is still there somewhere. Tell us more about your garden and what you like to grow.
We all seem to have a particular favorite among our many plants.
The ladies will tell you I love my Epis and Iris but Chrissy has me converted to an Angel lover too. Chrissy is our Angel lady. Sue is the Brom lady and Leisa is a close one there too. Helen is the Parrot lady.
Colleen , your Angel is lovely. My pieces are growing fast. I hope for flowers next summer
Hello Shelly. How are things looking down your way now ? I would think the trees are all reshooting through the bush now . It doesn't take them long . Steve, don't go giving away my cabinet now. I will be creeping in one night to get it.
Hello Mya. That lady on the link you gave , certainly has a voice you can listen to.
Chrissy, I loved that boy's voice. I like tenors best of all. I was a great fan of Mario Lanza and had records of Caruso when I was younger.. There is nothing like a good tenors voice.
I like your honeysuckles. I planted one of the common yellow ones here a few years ago and had to poison it to get rid of it. It went everywhere and was not really pretty. A real triffid. A bit like the potato creeper which will also run amok here . I just wish my jasmine would.
Better go and do a check around the garden. We had shocking winds during the night but they have eased off now, thank goodness. There was a little rain but the wind was so strong it all blew away. I only ran out to check the angels before so now will go and check all the rest. Luckliy it was coming from the least damaging direction.
Hello to everyone I have not mentioned, I know you are all out there and will pop in for your cuppa.
I'm leaving something that should appeal to the men. Ladies please go easy on your portions.
Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce.
Have a great day everyone and happy gardening.
Jean