Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring peeking Vol. 2, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Spring peeking Vol. 2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring peeking Vol. 2
Gitagal wrote:
SOOO! Is it more poisonous than the Daturas and Brugs? The MG's and the 4's? The Moon Vine?
All these are toxic--Night Shade family---but ONLY if ingested.....

I DO wash my hands after shelling seeds from all the Datura pods.....that is really a hands-on job....stinks too.....
I do not, generally, freak out about touching something--even if I know it is toxic. Not a fool--mind you! Caution is great!

I moved 2 small divisions of the Monkshood today to my East-facing bed and planted them smack against the concrete of the house. I will see how they do.

Of course--right in front of them will be one of my BIG Brugs....talk about shading something out! Oh well--they will have to fend.....

Did a lot of garden work all morning--now it is time for my break----to eat a bite and to watch Dr. Phil and Oprah. How i wish they were not in the middle of the afternoon!!!! BUT--it DOES give me reason to take a break....

Repotted a bunch of Tiger Lily seedlings today! Have 7-3" pots full--4 plants in each.
I think these were the ones that I did not see come up last year--but I kept the little cell-packs knowing SOMETHING was in there!

Hauled out all my Canna roots I have saved from last year.....too many for me to keep!!!!
Re-potted the surviving Caladium roots I had saved.....seems some of them went soft--kind of whitish/mushy--NOT firm.....

SEE! This is the "disease" we all suffer from!
GOTTA save...save...save.....Propagate....propagate....propagate......when--if you think about all the time and effort it takes--you could just buy a pack of new bulbs and be done with it! But then--we would not all be here on DG!

AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am sick!!!!! Haul me away! Put me in a strait-jacket!

Teee...heee....I know i will meet you all THERE--wherever i will end up!!!

Have a great gardening day!!!! Gita

Oh, by the way---I an so happy to see my Proteus Clematis has survived!
This is the Clematis in my tiny bed by the kitchen steps (Sally knows!) where I dug up my HUGE KK Hibiscus last year and moved it to a bed in front of my house.
So good to see a healthy shoot coming up from this Clematis....it is a dreamy light blue!

This picture is from last Spring.....