Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring peeking Vol. 2, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Spring peeking Vol. 2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring peeking Vol. 2
Gitagal wrote:
This is the long side-bed of my house. It faces South-West and is one of the beds i have that is relatively free of any invasive tree roots.
Right now--there are only bulbs all over the place, but this is also the bed where I have 4 of my beautiful Roses and where my Daturas and 4's will be growing. It has many other plants and flowers in it--not yet apparent....Lilies, Irises, Balloon Flowers, Phlox, a few Digitalis, a Clematis, a transplanted, tall white Hibiscus. I can't wait to see it now that it is freed up from the chokes of the red one! Should be so pretty!

I expect it to also have a lot of "volunteers" from my Grandpa Ott MG, and also my Broken Colors 4's. They look SO alike! It will be hard to discard all the Ott's and keep a couple of the 4's.....I will also plant a few new things in this bed....
Space for me is such a premium for anything new!!!!

edited to say--that you can see that I mowed the lawn today and how all the tires left "tracks" in the lush, moist grass....I cut my last and first mowing a bit lower--at 2 ". Usually--I cut at 3" all Summer....

This message was edited Apr 9, 2009 7:12 PM