Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 33, 1 by LeisaD

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeisaD

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 33

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 33
LeisaD wrote:
Morning all, it's a lovely breezy coolish Bris morning here - just perfect to do a few garden jobs & get some washing dry in quick time. And a little bit of rain overnigth has just put a nice fresh gleam on things!
Colleen my pelargoniums (I have trouble spelling that every time!) are doing fine. I'm going to water them this morning with some seaweed emulsion to help the roots along. Your pic above is lovely - such a pale pink.
And Chrissy I'm finally going to pot up the angels this morning, the white nubbles are just bursting to go!
Pam & Kat, I had a wander around Mt Cootha gardens last week too - there is always something to see & yes the dome is always so lush. I enjoy the cactus/succulent walk through area, also with a few broms. So many weird shapes. Kat what was the Garden Show you went to? I've heard the tropical plants show held recently was pretty good.
For anyone around Bris interested in broms, the Qld Brom Society show is on 18-19 April at Mt Cootha. I'll be there on the Sunday giving a hand - clueless as I am... It -might- actually stop me buying too much though!
Shelly(4kids) - funny I have to same perfect potting bench! My BBQ is not very attractive, but nice & functional! I "found" it on the side of the road during one of the hard rubbish collection days we had a few years back. I've just bought a cheap bench from Bunnings to raise up my potting mix etc to spare my back a bit, but it looks a bit flash next to the BBQ!
It's amazing the stuff people put out that people come past & collect. As they say "one man's trash, is another persons treasure". I also "acquired" a couple of old pot stands the same way. They are as solid as & a bit rusty, but perfect for my orchids at the back of the garden against the fence.
Jean, I'm just ducking in to steal a yummy treat for "ron" (after my gardening is done)! Thanks they look yummy!
Chrissy, before I go I finally found the name of this plant - Kaempferia - see http://www.gingergarden.com/zingiberaceae/kaempferia/
Happy gardening all! Leisa