Beginner Gardening: Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES!  Part 2
HollyAnnS wrote:
cedar18, This time of year is really hard for me. Today is a beautiful day sun is shining new plants emerging but still too cold to do much. I've been waiting for it to get a bit warmer outside it was in the low 30's when I got up and just now hit the 40's. Hoping for just a bit more warmth before I go down to the garden and clean up another section. Looks like I'll be painting this afternoon instead. I have been setting my flats of Pansies out side all day and moving them into the garage at night. Just about ready to plant them. My perennials are just starting to show some signs of new growth but it will be another month or more before I can do much with them. None of the hostas are up yet. The crocus are beautiful, the daffs are just coming on, a few almost ready to bloom but a lot of them aren't there yet. Tulip tips showing but not even close to flowering. My annuals won't go out till Mother's Day, which is when I plant my window and deck boxes. The house is filling up with seedlings, getting time to get out my stored bulbs and the Co-op plants will be coming soon, too. All I want to do is run out into the yard and start digging. You must have gone thru all this just a month or two ago. LOL
First spring project will be the big arbor over the driveway for my Wisteria. Should get it started in about 2 weeks.