Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 33, 1 by Budgieman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Budgieman

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 33

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 33
Budgieman wrote:
Hi all,
Chrissy - looks like Lily Pily fruit. There is one next door that the Flying Foxes love.
Back from Sussex yesterday arvo. Flying visit until next weekend. Managed to finish off the bore pump housing.
The neighbour (84yo Ray) apart from telling his usual rude jokes told me he read somewhere that the local Council was working at ways to meter bore water and charge us for use! Can you figure that?
I read a good book once that enlightened me to the fact that because we are contained within an atmosphere that every molecule of water since the dawn of time is still here but in different format and place. (except maybe Astronaut wee). Whatever we draw from the ground either goes back into the ground or evaporates and comes down as rain elsewhere. Simple logic!
Kat - are you after my heart? Cecille Brunner, Honeysuckle and Geraldton Wax are all favorites. The GW loves the sandy soil here in Cronulla but we have treated it as a 7yr plant. When it gets leggy and yuk we throw in a new one and off we go again.
Picked up a 2 metre tall grafted 'Frisia' rose for $20 which I thought was a good buy. Left the other three there but may succumb! It is one of the best perfumes!
Also found this. Did not notice it last year because it was in the middle of a Geranium mess.
Now, because I'm too lazy to look through the books..............?
Cheers
Steve