Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeisaD

In reply to: TEA ROOM #32

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #32
LeisaD wrote:
Hi All,
We've just had a nice downpour here & now it's drizzling enough to stop me from the bit of pruning I was planning this morning. But at least it's a bit cooler, overcast too.
Boy, am I hanging out for the cooler weather - bring on Autumn I say!
Shelly4kids, I'm glad to hear that Melb is getting some rain - I hope it keeps up for you. I love the tongue-like succulent you bought. Your market sounds like a bargain hunter's dream!
Sammut you've picked up an interesting selection there too! Those pots for $7.50 are a bargain!
I'm getting reluctant to pay "full" price for plants these days, when I know they can be propagated so easily & as I've killed a few expensive things in the past - like bat plants - I'm very wary of doing it again! I've actually managed to walk out of the garden shop this morning without actually buying anything - that's a first for me!
I've got my eye on a couple of things, but just can't bring myself to paying so much for them!
Jean, there's definitely something there with men & chainsaws - my husband isn't really into gardening, but just mention the need for some chainsaw action & he's a keen as mustard! Anything manual he hates, but add a bit of machinery & I can usually get his interest ;-)
Kat, it must be frustrating having turkeys - I never knew they were that destructive!
Well it looks like the drizzle has stopped, so I better get into it! Hope you all get some pleasant gardening weather today!
Oh - here's a pic of the oil spill on Wurtulla beach! What a terrible thing to happen to our lovely Moreton Bay!
Leisa.