Michigan Gardening: NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING SWAP", 1 by deejay9

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright deejay9

Subject: NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING SWAP"

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING  SWAP"
deejay9 wrote:
Well wiggle paw & Flowergirl Has twisted my arm to hold another SPRING SWAP AT THE PARK :)

We Had a Nice turn out last summer considering the weather we couldn't have had a better day :) Before I can Hold a swap
I Need to get an Idea as to when would be a great time to have it APRIL OR MAY ??? SO I would like your In put on this part of the swap . & I will set up the rest .

Last year I was haven eye surgery so had to work around it :)

Yes susie's Trailer Will Travel Heavy again :) I Have loads of plants to share .

Here is a link to Wiggle Paws Pictures & Comments on Our Swap Last spring .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/860444/

hope to meet many of you

DATE IS SET :

contact me at 269-945-3149

SATURDAY MAY 23 TH 09

CHECK IN TIME 10 AM----NOON

I will Have Hot dogs To Serve & If others want to Bring Chips & dips or other Healthy snacks Please feel free to do so.
Ice tea or coffee will also be there

you can snack while you brouse through the plants .

GET TO KNOW EVERYONE LOOK OVER THE PLANTS & SWAPPING WILL START AT 1 PM & SHOULD BE DONE BY 2:30--3 PM

HERE IS A LINK OF WHAT THE PARK IS LIKE LOTS OF SHADE , HAS A PLAY GROUND CLOSE BY FOR THE KIDS.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/100_3603....

this will also be a ROUND ROBIN TYPE SWAP To be explained when time comes :)
will Just tell you this it is fun :) Just ask wiggle paw we could never get her to keep up with the rest :) so will have to watch her closely
this year .

THE ONLY RULES TO THIS SWAP

PLANTS NEED TO BE HEALTHY , If You can pot them up that is good . Or Place them into plastic bags with a little dirt around them .

If your trading bulbs for plants , figure 3-6 Bulbs per plant depending on bulb size . place them in something like strawberry box or Qt size
baggies if you can . also try to mark what the bulbs are Please .

We Do Not Trade seeds for Plants But if you have any seeds you might like to trade for other seeds Bring them along Others might have some for trade .

you may also bring gardening Items Or craft Items to trade for plants .

JUST REMEMBER TO BRING A TRUCK & OR TRAILER WITH YOU For you will be going home with much more then you brought .

DRAWING: BRING ONE SPECIAL GARDENING ITEM ,, YOU BRING A GIFT & YOU WILL RECEIVE A GIFT .
THIS IS NOT MANDATOR JUST A FUN GUESTURE .

This message was edited Jan 27, 2009 9:53 AM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2009 9:17 AM

This message was edited Feb 1, 2009 8:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 9:20 AM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 1:17 PM

This message was edited Feb 6, 2009 10:45 AM

This message was edited Feb 10, 2009 8:20 AM