NEW 2009 " FREEPORT SPRING SWAP"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Well wiggle paw & Flowergirl Has twisted my arm to hold another SPRING SWAP AT THE PARK :)

We Had a Nice turn out last summer considering the weather we couldn't have had a better day :) Before I can Hold a swap
I Need to get an Idea as to when would be a great time to have it APRIL OR MAY ??? SO I would like your In put on this part of the swap . & I will set up the rest .

Last year I was haven eye surgery so had to work around it :)

Yes susie's Trailer Will Travel Heavy again :) I Have loads of plants to share .

Here is a link to Wiggle Paws Pictures & Comments on Our Swap Last spring .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/860444/

hope to meet many of you

DATE IS SET :

contact me at 269-945-3149

SATURDAY MAY 23 TH 09

CHECK IN TIME 10 AM----NOON

I will Have Hot dogs To Serve & If others want to Bring Chips & dips or other Healthy snacks Please feel free to do so.
Ice tea or coffee will also be there

you can snack while you brouse through the plants .

GET TO KNOW EVERYONE LOOK OVER THE PLANTS & SWAPPING WILL START AT 1 PM & SHOULD BE DONE BY 2:30--3 PM

HERE IS A LINK OF WHAT THE PARK IS LIKE LOTS OF SHADE , HAS A PLAY GROUND CLOSE BY FOR THE KIDS.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/100_3603.jpg

this will also be a ROUND ROBIN TYPE SWAP To be explained when time comes :)
will Just tell you this it is fun :) Just ask wiggle paw we could never get her to keep up with the rest :) so will have to watch her closely
this year .

THE ONLY RULES TO THIS SWAP

PLANTS NEED TO BE HEALTHY , If You can pot them up that is good . Or Place them into plastic bags with a little dirt around them .

If your trading bulbs for plants , figure 3-6 Bulbs per plant depending on bulb size . place them in something like strawberry box or Qt size
baggies if you can . also try to mark what the bulbs are Please .

We Do Not Trade seeds for Plants But if you have any seeds you might like to trade for other seeds Bring them along Others might have some for trade .

you may also bring gardening Items Or craft Items to trade for plants .

JUST REMEMBER TO BRING A TRUCK & OR TRAILER WITH YOU For you will be going home with much more then you brought .

DRAWING: BRING ONE SPECIAL GARDENING ITEM ,, YOU BRING A GIFT & YOU WILL RECEIVE A GIFT .
THIS IS NOT MANDATOR JUST A FUN GUESTURE .

This message was edited Jan 27, 2009 9:53 AM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2009 9:17 AM

This message was edited Feb 1, 2009 8:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 9:20 AM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 1:17 PM

This message was edited Feb 6, 2009 10:45 AM

This message was edited Feb 10, 2009 8:20 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Bump this up

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I would love to attend! i will bring hellebores, irises, daylilies, etc... and hopefully some friends too.

Sounds Great flow :) So good to hear from you again & I look forward to meeting you :) .

I Just need a date from you gals as to when will be a good time for you . APRIL OR MAY ????
Wiggle paw I Here WHERE ARE YOU ???? I Tried to call you but the Operator said your # was disconnected :(
So I DMAILED You with my Phone # Hope you will give me a call.

I Called sherri a gal who is in volved with the freeport library & who loves the plant swaps & she would like to get some seeds from that mellon plant you passed out last spring . hope you have a few :)

Jazz I Hope you are reading this & that you will be able to come Join us this spring Even if you have no plants for trade
I hope you come join us .

there will be lots of left overs to pick from . Just ask Bizzie11 (Leann) they had no more room in their truck :)

well I'm going to go up & edit at the top to post a date & hope you all will let me know what you think of it .

wishing everyone a great day .
susie

It was late May last time right?

IT WAS JUNE 7th Last spring or summer :) & So we are hoping to have an earlier one . & May was the month for graduation so was why we went for June .

So If One of the dates about fits you let me know .

susie

Late May or early June is fine with me.

After chatting with wigglepaw we have a date MAY 9th I have to call & confirm the park But I'm sure it will be availible
but will let you know later.

susie

Oh, i will not be able to attend that early. I will just arriving to MI around that time. bummer

flow where you comming from ? we will not start the swap till 1pm & If your there by noon you will have lots of time
to set up & look around & visit :) ...

& I'm sorry I have forgot your 1st name anyone heard from Jazz or sarvy ? I hope to get to meet these ladies also .

oh just reread your post you will be getting back into Michigan around that date ??? sorry still early & only on my 1st
cup of coffee :) hehe

well I guess we have just got to get you back home a week or 2 earlier this year :) we beg of you .

well I have to go start my day before daddy gets up have a great one . chat soon .
susie

Im coming from North Carolina early may. not gonna work.

I really wish i could but it cant happen. Bummer!!!!! Oh well. you will have fun. I will be there in spririt.LOL

well I found out today that my class reunion is going to be on May 9th & so I need to change my plant swap it is hard to believe its been 42 yrs GEE GOLLY I GETTING OLD :(

anyway I Have changed the date up top . hope you all can make it .

susie

now that works for me!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ok, not to sound silly.But what is a "swap"?.Does everybody put out plants they want to share? Is it limited to just plants,or garden related items too? Do i need to bring a table?
My hubby and I lived on Parmalee Rd,between Freeport and Middleville for 30 yrs,so I'm very familiar with the Freeport site you all picked.VERY pretty.
Any info you can share with this "newbie" is appreciated. Thanks!
PS........looking forward to Friday Gardenlady.

HI BIRDIE

Know the parmalee Rd very well :) Born & raised In Freeport & I Know you will Proble know my sister Lorraine
or not :) hehe Freeport Has changed so much its been maybe 25yrs away from there .

anyway to answer any quesion you have about the FUN swap I will do my best .

as you know the park has many picnic tables & we had many extra last spring but yes just in case the group
grows a bit this spring it might be a good Idea to bring a table .

as for plants you can bring as many as you like if you bring 20 you will more then likely go home with 40 :)

If you do not have many plants then bring Graden related Items or grafts that you might make & I know there with be others & myself who love to trade for them .

I will be posting my ph# above so if anyone wants to contact me it is fine .

also keep watch for edits at the top as i get info from others or good ideas from others .

have a great day all & birdie maybe we can meet for coffee in freeport one of these days :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Susie, thanks for the info!! I'll bring lots of stuff,and "bumble" my way through the first year :)
Love to meet for coffee sometime too. Have a good night.

My Phone # is listed above & if anyone is in the hastings or freeport area & want to meet for lunch or what have ya
just call me

susie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Susie I have not been on here much because i ahve had one heck of a bad winter! But i am feeling better knowing spring is just around the corner!! Yes i hope to come this year!!
I will come and i will bring lots of good stuff!!
Chat at you later. I hope you had a good winter.
Julie AKA Jazz

anyone using a messenger or chat of sorts You can add my name to your friends list if you like & will be able to tell you more about the swap .

Birdie there is no bumbling to it :) you will have a blast trust me . I talked to the gal in charge of park & she said someone had donated 3- 4 more tables to the park maybe more my mind is awefull when i try to rmember I'm luck to remember I need to wake up in the morning :( .
oh how I wish spring would get here :).

Jazz donated my signs for last spring swap & boy did I use them & Hope to use them again :)

Also please feel free to look over my trade list to see if there is any of my Daylilies you might like
let me know & I can be sure to bring them for you .

maybe you might have a few suggestions also .
I have windows live messenger .

ALWAYS CHECK 1ST POST FOR UP_DATES OR NEW EDITS :)

susie
skohler49@yahoo.com

This message was edited Feb 6, 2009 10:47 AM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ok, well I'm "in", and looking forward to it. I had coffee with Garden lady on Friday,but forgot to ask her if she was planning on it. Hope so, she's real nice. Maybe I can get over your way susie, and we can do the"coffee thing" too. Is anyone going to the Chicago garden show in March?

never been to chicago garden show & I do not travel well alone in a strange place :) if there would be a group to go I would love to go . Fill us in on this would you ?

birdie my PH# is listed above & your welcome to call me for a meeting , any time your over this way .

Today is to get up to 60 possible :) MOTHER NATURE sure can tease us .

Jazz I do hope your starting to feel better winter can get us all down sure wish at times I could get out of the Michigan winter weather just alittle hard to do when your the care taker :)) & Like you I sure look forward to spring .
You Going To put that Greenhouse to work for you this spring :) ???

I hope that BIZZIE11 Will see this swap I Look forward to seeing her & Her hubby again this spring :))
wish I had Gotten a picture of there truck Before & after :) it was way to funny :) Sure hope you all got them planted before winter set in :)

Flowergirl I look forward to meeting you & Trading for a few hellebores, irises, daylilies I Have 1 hellebores
it is hidden among a couple Hosta & I don't get to see the bloom very well but I'm affraid to move it for it is doing so well.

I have another edit to do above today to make the swap fun :) so check it out & let me know what you think of it .

well time to get off here you all have a great day .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I just checked my calendar and figured out I do have the 23rd of May off.... Unless something happens I should be able to attend this year. I have never been to a swap but it sure does sound like fun. The weather was awsome today wasn't it??? I am so excited for spring!!! 1 Birdie is a wonderful lady:) We had a very nice visit. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

I'm Looking Forward to Meeting all of you & I know we will have DBL The Fun if everyone can make it .

well i have a few errands to run before the snow starts to fly again . have a great day to all .

don't forget to add me to your chat list :) come chat with dori & I :)

susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Susie! I'll mark the date on my calendar for this year's swap. Looking forward to it--It was SO MUCH FUN last year! SB

I will see if i can find a few friends to come with me.

OH SHEBELLE I DO Hope you can come to this one also we did have lots of fun at the last one :)
How long did it take you to clean out your car when you got home :) ???

anyone here planting any seeds indoor ??? if so when do you start them ?? love to hear of your planting skills :)
for i have none .

well time to watch the news you all have a great evening .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

No I am not a seed planter. Do not enjoy it at all!!! Tried last year and had no luck! Really evvy people who have that talent. LOL. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi All!! I started my Morning Glory seeds this weekend. Hubby got me quite a few varitys, as stocking stufers, for Christmas this year!! After they are planted, they go out
to the barn under my homemade lights in a special room in the barn I've nick named the "sissy room" :)
When we built our place, my hubby HAD to have this mega barn for his draft horses. In it,is a room he was going to use as his "Office". Well one 90 degree day I went out to feed the peacocks, after having just spent 3 hours in the gardens. Couldn't find DH anywhere, so I decided to check out the "office". Much to my surprise (NOT!), there was dear hubby, sitting on a couch, feet up,air conditioner going, with a mini refrigerator,and tv with a football game on!!!!!! From that day on it was named the "sissy room". You see, its for those who can't take the heat!! Or cold I should say,because now it also has a small heater. Of course,thats just so the buckets don't stay frozen, and life is "easier" for me. Or so he says!! ha ha.

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Susie
thank you (I think,,,,) for the seeds to start. OMG. There afre about a bazillion
seeds here. gosharoni, I hope they stand a chance, we will be the new
Burpzee of Hastings Seed company! LOL

Hey, send me your phone number and your address, so I can
have darling husband Lou stop by after work to pick up peat and
whatever else. I could use some seed trays or small seed cups!
I think I need a general alarm to our friends here to send me smaller
pots to grow seedlings in.
Do you get a chance to dig through the garbage at the garden centers?
I wonder if they would save any for you?

Its a idea!!!
Let me know asap, we need to get started.
Sher

Wiggle I will try to call you later today My Phone # is Posted above But it is 945-3149 I will be at the Hospital all this morning then off to GR later about noon . I Had to put dad in the Hospital On sunday he has a brocial infection .

I have to leave here soon to go help him with his breakfast he cannot see well. I also have the bug & cannot even talk this morning Hope the nurses have a mask i can use .

well got to get out of here you all have a great day

susie

sher sorry I couldn't chat last night i ended up in the er Everything is ok Just had a bad reaction to the Azithromycin doc had me on &I still cannot talk well . was going to call you this morning but my Brother brought daddy home from the hospital & so Now I have to try to stay away from him so he won't get sick all over again.

anyway please call me Back for I cannot find where I wrote your phone # .

& to everyone else I'm also sorry I've not posted but we have been very very sick here with head & Chest colds
Doc changed my meds to Keflex So I hope Now I will soon be On the road to recovery . its been on me for 3 weeks or more :(

sher Please call :)

take care to you all & I plan to do the say .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Birdie, hope those morning glory seeds are doing good. I bet they will be beautiful this summe. If you ever need more seeds let me know I have a friend who has a zillion of them. They are all mixed up. The colors I mean. Are yopu feeling better Susie. Everyone at the hospital were I work has had the crude also..... Im the only one who hasn't. I am knocking on wood right now!!! LOL. Get better. Have a great night everyone. Ronna

GM
Thank ronna for the wishes sure need it this crud is really bad I had daddy in the hospital from sunday till yesterday he came home & now I Just hope he don't catch it again from me . it has been on an off with me for the last 3 -4 wks & just hit really hard on Monday can't talk , voice is gone & Very hard to breath .

SHER PLEASE CALL ME
susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi Garden Lady, I was at YOUR work place last night (guess I should say early this morning) we were there from 11:00 until 2:30 am, when they sent him by ambulance up to Blodgett in Grand Rapids. Seems to be better this morning, and his heart tests are coming back good. Were you there that late?
PS. I could use some more MG seeds, if your friend has extras. Maybe I have some she'd like?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Birdie sorry to hear about the e.r. visit. Everything okay now? No I was not their that late I usually get out at 7:30. Is he (I'm assuming your husband?). Still in the hospital? Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Garden Lady, We're back home now,and hubby is resting comfortably. They're not sure what caused him to go unconscious, and stay that way for about 2 min. last night. The cardiologist is pretty sure it wasn't his heart again though. 911 ambulance got here in about 15 min. they sent the fire dept. from Prarieville too, because they were actually closer. He's hungry,so must be he's better. ;)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm so glad to hear that. Ronna

Sand Lake, MI

Hi Susie,
I just reserved the date on the calendar. I hope nothing changes between now and then. We'll be bringing the truck again just in case. The library sure appreciated all the extra donated plants. We had our best sale yet last fall.
Can't wait....Leann

LOOKING Forward to this LEann :) I Hope the weather will be great for us as it was last one :)

even if we get rain that is ok for we have lots of cover :)
well off to get my blood draw back later :)

great day to all

susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.