Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 25, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 25

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 25
77sunset wrote:
Good morning to everyone on. It is a good morning. There is a mist down in the all the lower areas and from up here it looks so pretty. The day cooled down late yesterday and should be perfect autumn weather for the next few days thank goodness. I will be able to go shopping without melting.
I did little outside yesterday and will get out more today. There are a few more small plants to go into the garden while it a bit cooler.I tired some Dierama but they didn't like the heat while they were so small and died.
Steve, the pink flower is one of my epiphyllums, sadly no name but gorgeous anyway.
Dalfyre, I wish I had those vincas here , they look great. I did grow a plant in WA , up around Geraldton which is a lot warmer than down here. I was told it was a Vinca but have never seen it since. It grew wild everywhere in the garden and was so pretty. No water and dry hard ground never worried it. I must look up the Botanica and see if I can find it.
Mya, I used to have a lot of possums visit when I lived up in Bright in NE Vic. I started leaving some bread out for them and eventually they would come to the veranda looking for it . After a month or so they were climbing down and eating out of my hand. It was so nice to see the babies with mum up close. I had a large garden there and never lost a single thing to them. They did go to the neighbors gardens though.
Sometimes you would see mumma and baby sleeping on the roof up under the overhang . They had a regular trail to the roof and one could here them coming . Thump as they landed on the roof from the big Liquidamber, then scritch scritch as they walked across the roof. A quick upside down look over the veranda roof to see if I was there then a scramble down the magnolia tree and up to the door.
I did have pics but they have been lost over the years.
Chrissy, yourpoor Angels. They have such big leaves . All the more to go crispy in the heat. Mine are not too bad but we haven;t had as much heat as you. At least it is cool here at night so they recover quickly. I have most of my babies outside now , Just the small Iochromas in the green house.
I like the idea of Mammoths dragging those stone in that movie you saw, who knows what people did back then. I love elephants and Mammoths are so majestic looking.
Going over to the caves at Narracoorte was very interesting as you can see the fossils still in the ground. No Mammoths though. We did have gid have giant kangaroos which I would not have liked to run into.
Also very very large snakes that would eat Kats python for breakfast and us as well.
I must get hubby to go back there again when he recovers.
Dalfyre , I hope your shoulder is feeling better. There is nothing worse than a continuing ache when you need the appendage to work with.
I hope Sue is busy but not doing too much in the heat.
Her broms will like it I would think. I found a pup on one of the old ones here that I had tossed aside as dead.
The pup is now in with the epis.
Where are Lesley and Marleneann. I haven't seen any crumbs around the kitchen for a while ? Sammut must be busy with her pretty garden or relaxing in the bath with the lettuce and tomatoes. I hope Lee hasn't frozen over there. It will soon be Spring , Lee and the flowers will be out.
Helen must be busy also and I know where Colleen is. I can see her over in the puzzle corner thinking of some obscure plant to fool me.
Brian , are you out looking in the wine bar again. I think Steve finished whatever was open there.
Kat, look after those turkeys , we may need to eat them one day.
I'm off to do a bit of washing then go talk to the plants. The children have been fed (magpies). Hubby has been fed. I have had my breakfast so I can go outside without worrying about anything domestic for a while.
Enjoy your day and some Chocolate Fudge Cookies.
Jean..