Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 25, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 25

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 25
77sunset wrote:
Good morning to everyone on. Hello PussyKat.
I think we must all have a possum story and they are quite funny. I wonder what all the city folk do for amusement when there are no possums around ? Probably worry about real burglars noises.
it was hot again yesterday afternoon but another lovely morning at the moment.
Not a lot going on here with hubby still laid up and no timber as yet. I walk around talking to the plants and encouraging them to grow. My baby Cootamundras are growing quickly so I will have a wattle fence line. They do very well here and the advantage is that you can attack them with a chainsaw if they get too big. I like the fact that they tend to grow from the base so you are never left with just a line of trunks as the tops grow taller.
I have a dahlia flowering and was surprised as I have just left them to their own devices since removing them from the garden. Others are coming up so they must like their little patch which was a pile of old sheep manure. .
I have some Brisbane lilies ( proiphys cunninghamii ) coming up too which I have never grown before , so they will be different.
Does anyone grow them ? I bought some seed and lots came up. I have some plants in pots and others in the garden. I suppose I will have to wait until they develop a bulb to see them flower. How long will it take ? Anyone know ?
Hello to Chrissy, Dalfrye and Mya and Steve too.
How are all the cacti going Colleen and Brian ? It would be great fun deciding where they go but a bet there are a few prickles in fingers.
Shopping day this week and I will be going on my own so definitely a plant day.
Must put out something to eat or Kat will be knocking at the door.
Try this GingerBread Cake.
Have a great day everyone. I'm off to peruse the cryptics.
Jean.