Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 25, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 25

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 25
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. I am late today, so no goodies out yet.
Hubby has to stay in bed and after only a day is already getting impatient. He can't move around so has to stay there but I can see he is going to be getting up way before he should. Why is it that men know better than the doctor ?
Hello Sue, I see that I will have to replenish the stocks of Baileys. It seems to have disappeared. I think you and Lesley must have had a bit of a time with ti while I was away.
Lesley, pumpkins have a mind of their own. I have not had a lot of success here with them but there is one out there now that is up and running. I hope it has a few on it. I did plant some where I was living before i came here and it went really mad. I ended up with so many pumpkins and one was a square one. It had grown between the fence and the shed where I couldn't see it until the plant died off. Devil of a job to get it out.
Brian, I did guess the onion but Steve beat me to it. The answers are so obvious when you see them it's just not that obvious to my brain in the clues.
Chrissy,like you, I use Seasol on everything alternated with Miracle Gro and Thrive. Plants love it.
My little parrots are looking very chirpy even in the heat. they are sitting under the large fern fronds in the fern house .I like your succulent Helen. I thought maybe a Kalanchoe too, but I'm not the expert.
Colleen, did I see epis in your pictures ? You lucky thing with all those gorgeous cacti. you will have a lovely cacti rockery garden . I don't think your helpers will be getting to close to them when they grow bigger. Not something to rub against and purr
Sammut., you have done well with your bath garden. What are you going to put in it next, besides yourself that is ? ha ha.
I do like the way you spoil your plants with their little hammocks.
hello Lee. I should put a pot plant on my veranda so i can enjoy the evening scent. I would not go wandering around here at night no matter how nice the perfumes were. There are too many other night ramblers. Snakes like to wander at night in the hot weather and the spiders are all out putting their webs across paths to catch the unwary. . better put out some food and go see what hubby is doing. I can hear him trying to move around. It is boring lying in bed all day but he has to do it. I'm glad I was not around when he first had the injury as he had to spend months in hospital on his back. He would have tried the poor nurses patience.
It's going to be very hot again here and for the rest of the week. I think summer may have found the map and arrived .
Here.s something nice and light. Poached Pears. There may be a tiny drop of something nice in the sauce, so go easy on the servings.
Jean.