Communities > Forums

Image Copyright EmmaGrace

In reply to: Ipomoea purpurea X Ipomoea nil

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ipomoea purpurea X Ipomoea nil
EmmaGrace wrote:
Becky . . .

When I send your seeds to you, I'll also send you some SOLID WHITE Ipomoea purpurea seeds. In fact, I have them from two different strains. One I grew last year and another from this year. Both Pure Solid White.

When you know you are going to get your first frost, you might want to move any pots you have into your garage or anywhere that doesn't freeze until you get all of your seeds. A freeze will zap your pods for sure. I'm sure there are many threads here about what to do with your vines when it freezes. If they are in the ground, just rip them out and lay them on anything but plastic. Newspaper works great so it is easier to clean up the mess after the pods mature. I have ripped out many vines over the years, even I. nils, just before a frost and they always continue to mature with or without water. You can also take an old towel that you can wet down and wrap around your roots too while you are waiting for the seeds.

Emma

Here is the Solid White purp that I have growing this year. Should be getting seeds from it any day now