Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Iris Nursery, 1 by BlissfulGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BlissfulGarden

Subject: Iris Nursery

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Iris Nursery
BlissfulGarden wrote:
Howdy doo! I haven't posted on this forum in a while, so I thought I'd update with the progress of my deep south iris experiment. Unfortunately, I'm a bit behind due to Gustav cleanup and related complications. We're on the waiting list for our fence to be rebuilt, and as the iris beds were to be built in front of the fence, I would prefer not to construct them until after all the men come trampling through my backyard with boards. I don't want to crush my new babies! We may have to rethink that plan if our name doesn't come up pretty soon on the list though... it got down to 49 degree last night, so I'm getting a bit nervous about not having my babies in the ground yet.

This is a pic of where the irises have been enjoying their late summer and early fall... my "iris nursery" so to speak. So far, only 6 rhizomes have given up the ghost. Considering I thought I'd lose about 1/2, I believe it's going pretty well. That stack of cinder blocks and pavers you see in the background is construction materials for the new beds.

Ev