Photo by Melody

Weather: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?
rannveig wrote:
LOL Joey - well, with the sun and warm temps it was tempting to stay longer. I can't say we were eager to go back to rainstorms and cold weather ;-) On the other hand we couldn't afford a much longer vacation ...... with the economic crisis going around the world the icelandic currency (krona) has taken a dive so we're not really looking forward to getting our visa bill ...... It's around 100 kr. to a dollar now (the euro is even higher); a year ago it was around 60 .... (sigh). Needless to say prices are skyrocketing since most things are imported .......

I had a bit of a shock when I went looking for boots with Hildur Eva yesterday. $120 ! Yikes! Another store had some really pretty ones (have to be pink ;-) lol) for $70 which I thought was really expensive last year, but all of a sudden those were a bargain! lol Unfortunately they were sold out in her size, another shipment is due tomorrow I think and I'm fearing they'll be more expensive since the currency just keeps falling ...... :-S

Dyson - we went to Disneyland Paris :-)

We had a freeze last night. The wind has calmed, there's a light cloud cover and currently 37°F.

Have a great day everyone!

Rann

Another one from Disneyland Paris :-) I went to Disney World in Florida quite a few times while I lived there and it was very similar ...... I missed Epcot Center though .... ;-)