Photo by Melody

Georgia Gardening: Anyone know anything about snakes?, 1 by MaypopLaurel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaypopLaurel

In reply to: Anyone know anything about snakes?

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Anyone know anything about snakes?
MaypopLaurel wrote:
Core, sounds like a love potion offering. Ha!

Poppop, so then you agree with what I posted above that it's probably a racer. I know copperheads are venomous, but as I said corn snakes are not and are often mistaken for copperheads. The one I tried to save died, but the very next day another one got hung up in the fence. I grabbed it behind the head and got DD to hold it with leather gloves. Got it cut out and away it went into the shed (picture).

Pepper is a tough girl, not a guy, and an Appalachian hound bred for tough living. Wikipedia just recently defined the breed. They are the state dog of N.C. and one of four native American scent hounds. These dogs will trail for days with no food. She weighs close to sixty pounds but can crawl under a six inch gate and shake a possum or raccoon out of a small tree. In fact, when she gets excited (like before being fed) she will run over to any small tree she can grab and start shaking! I think she can be meaner than a snake if inclined. Probably why she survived. We rescued her from being tied to a tree her first year of life and did not have experience with this type of breed. Gaming hounds are challenging as they seem to have an on/off button (well hidden).
Laurel