Photo by Melody

Voting Booth: What did Dad do on Father's Day?, 1 by Lindawalkabout

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lindawalkabout

In reply to: What did Dad do on Father's Day?

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What did Dad do on Father's Day?
Lindawalkabout wrote:
Pretty much relaxing for Dad aka DH here on the homestead until our newlywed DD and SIL brought him a grill to put together earlier, then our oldest DD and SIL and grandkiddies came for the cookout. We used the firepit not the new grill , still needed to be put together, lol. I say just look at the box and get er done!!!!!

Had a wiener roast at the campsite in our woods and roasted marshmallows, DGdaughter said whats that noise, it was the sound of a big bullfrog in the pond , so everyone got quite and listened. Very peaceful for just little bit then back to playing , noise again , and "I want to cook my own marshmallow" was heard, lol.

This little guy, three yrs old later this month, ran, played on the trails, even did his own marshmallow w/ us close at hand by the fire of course, fell yesterday on his kiddie jungle gym at his home and broke his collar bone : (. He's doing very good and being a big boy with his sling on his arm. DD is tossing the jungle gym and planting a tree to climb instead. By the time the tree is big enough to climb Gs will have outgrown his need to climb, I hope !!!!!!

My Dad is gone but he's always in my heart this special Fathers Day with memories of all the Father Day's we did have together.