Bird Watching: Captions - "It's a Bird's World !!!", 1 by linthicum

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright linthicum

Subject: Captions - "It's a Bird's World !!!"

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Captions - "It's a Bird's World !!!"
linthicum wrote:
The phrase “A picture is worth a thousand words” has been around a long time. Often we personally take a photo that stimulates the thought process. A few years ago, I took some photos of Eastern Kingbird adults feeding their “children”. I couldn’t help but wonder as I looked at my photos … could we possibly draw a parallel between a day in the life of a bird and a day in the life of a human. Scientists have already shown parallels between human speech and the song of a bird, findings that may contain clues to human speech disorders. Thus, other behavioral similarities are certainly within the realm of possibility. When out in the bird’s world one can quickly observe startling similarities, from the survival of the fittest, to the masterful construction of a nest, to the care and nurturing reflected in the raising of their offspring.

Consequently, I thought it only fitting to add a caption to these photos from a human perspective. Or maybe, just maybe, from a bird’s perspective ???

I’ve started this thread hoping that others will join in from time to time and share their photo along with their perspective of a day in the bird world. Or, if you have a good photo, you might want to challenge DG members to add their caption to your photo. Anyway, this thread will start with a photo of a loving family of four (4) Eastern Kingbirds, two parents, two "children" ... followed by a series of captioned photos of a day in the life of the Eastern Kingbird.