Georgia Gardening: Storm/tornado in Douglas?, 1 by MaypopLaurel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaypopLaurel

In reply to: Storm/tornado in Douglas?

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Storm/tornado in Douglas?
MaypopLaurel wrote:
Hi Elaine. Things have been incredibly hectic, but oddly our lives seem to go that way and we are used to it. Do you think some folks are just destined to move from crisis to crisis? Honest, we feel so lucky to have our family and health...everything else has to be kept in perspective. Thanks for thinking of us.

The house is sitting with tarps and downed, cut up trees. A second tree had to be cut because it was damaged). We are awaiting the final estimates and word from the insurance company as to whether we will act as contractor or they will provide a contractor. I don't care as long as it gets done and is replaced with the same quality workmanship and materials.

In the meantime, the veggie garden is coming in and I am nothing but happy when that is going on. DH came in the from the garden the other day and thanked me for teaching him how to grow our food. He had just picked a wonderful salad bowl of lettuces, arugula, turnips, snow peas two mustards, and all kinds of fresh herbs. I'll just have to spend more time in the garden with my back to the house and things will be fine!

Laurel