Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Haves, wants and oh please, please help me get a...., 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Haves, wants and oh please, please help me get a....

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Haves, wants and oh please, please help me get a....
Gitagal wrote:
wrightie,

I grew Italian parsley last year. Had about 4 pots-full of it. gave away a lot to my Spanish neighbors....Of course--they all survived the Winter and will provide me with fresh parsley until they go to seed. Then--I understand--they are no longer 'good".....Any comments on this?

SO! I would like to have about 3 plantlets of your Italian parsley---PLEASE! That will be my "new crop" for this season.....

hart---

Re the colored mulch---I have heard that it is mainly made from ground up wood pallets and then dyed with the colors. Read that as having NO organic value! I can tell you that the best sellers at my HD are Pine Bark mulch and Hardwood mulch....
One benefit to the Cedar mulch is that it deters termites.....

The Rubber mulch is made from old tires and is used in playgrounds. It is soft and, if a kid falls on it, will not get hurt. It is also colored a nice brown....And--it is expensive!
Maybe $10+ a 2cf bag.

I will dig up this and that from the house next door--but i really do not have the energy or the time to "go at it" as much as I would like to.

Does anyone know how Cherry laurel is propagated? Since it is a shrub--I imagine from soft-wood cuttings. I wonder how hard/easy it is????? I could take cuttings and see what happens......It is a beautiful shrub!

Edited to say--the following are some pictures of my neighbors established plantings that will all "GO"!

Here is a picture I just took of it....

This message was edited May 4, 2008 6:39 PM