Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

African Violets and Gesneriads: What's blooming in April IV, 1 by cedarnest

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cedarnest

In reply to: What's blooming in April IV

Forum: African Violets and Gesneriads

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's blooming in April IV
cedarnest wrote:
Well you all keep telling me how easy orchids are to grow..lol..I had 8 of them that would never do anything but turn yellow and look blah after they quit blooming so they either died and the ones that didn't I traded them all away last year..tried to get tips on growing them from the forum that specializes in them here to no avail...lol...now in just a few simple posts..you gals are amazing.. I have read exactly what I did wrong with them..not enough light or fertilizer..and too much water..mine sat in it because thats what I thought they liked...didn't know they liked to to fed either..live and learn! Thats what I love about this place..of course you all know that now I am going to run to town and buy another one this week just so I can see if I actually can now..lol

Lin & Diane..a fellow hoya lover here too..most of the gessies too.Heres my multiflora from my trade with Kim last fall..I was so excited to finally see it blooming.Hang in there Lin..the bloom will be worth the wait..